Agricultural Diplomacy

Monday, March 24, 2008

A cocky U.S. Department of Agriculture representative stops at a farm and begins talking with the old farmer.

He tells the farmer, "I'm here to inspect your farm."

The old farmer says, "OK, but don't go in that field right over yonder."

The Agriculture representative says, "Mister, I have the authority of the United States Government with me. See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land. No questions asked or answered. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand!"

The farmer nods politely and goes back to his chores. Later, the farmer hears loud screams and sees the Agriculture Rep running for the fence and close behind is the farmer's huge prize bull. The bull is gaining on the Agriculture Rep with every step. The Rep is clearly terrified and clearly not going to make it to the safety of the fence.

The old farmer slowly lays down his tools, walks over to the fence and shouts out.....

"Your badge! Your badge! Show him your badge!"

0 comments: